On Burgplatz in Braunschweig, next to St. Blasii Cathedral and Dankwarderode Castle, is the famous Huneborstel House, today also known as the Guild House. Built by the Braunschweig councillor and chamberlain Friedrich Huneborstel in 1524, the house is considered a testimony to Braunschweig as the former largest half-timbered town in northern Germany. After numerous modernisations, the house had to be demolished at the beginning of the 20th century and at the end of the war the valuable façade was taken down. It was not until 1955 that the elaborate half-timbered façade returned to the building or was reconstructed in parts according to pictures. The detailed frieze of figures by the Brunswick wood sculptor Simon Stappen is particularly well known.