The historic Seehaus is idyllically located on Kleinhesseloher See in the English Garden. As early as the beginning of the 19th century, a restaurant was built here, which was initially designed as a boathouse. After the dilapidated building had to be demolished in 1935, a wooden building with a lake terrace was erected in 1936. Many Munich celebrities stayed here until the Second World War. After the war, the US Army was stationed in the Seehaus until 1955. In 1970, the building had to be demolished again and it was not until 1985 that a new restaurant was built. This still popular destination today has a beer garden with a total of 2,500 seats, one of the best known in Munich.