The Theatinerkirche, officially called the Church of St. Cajetan and Adelheid in Munich, is impressively located on Odeonplatz in the vicinity of the historic Feldherrenhalle. The church was modelled on the mother church of the Theatine Order, Sant’Andrea della Valle in Rome, and was the court and monastery church of the Theatine Order until 1801 and a court and collegiate convent from 1839. Since 1954, the Dominican Order has been responsible for the church. After the destruction of the war in 1944/45, the Theatinerkirche was rebuilt until 1955. Until 1973, the former monastery grounds were also rebuilt. Today, the Bavarian State Ministry for Education and Culture, Science and Art is located here.