Offenbach’s Buesing Park is a green oasis in the middle of the Hessian city. The Volkspark was laid out in 1790 in the style of an English landscape garden. Originally, Buesing Park was the private garden belonging to the manor house of the Bernard and d’ Orville families of factory owners. Among their most famous guests was Johann Wolfgang von Goethe. At the end of the 19th century, the manor house was acquired by the entrepreneur Adolf von Büsing, who had it converted into a city palace. In 1921, the Büsing Palais became the property of the city. The annual illumination of Buesing Park with concerts and picnics is popular.