A stroll along the Inn River reveals the impressive Passau church of St. Michael with its two towers. Built in 1677, the church is now used as the study church of the Leopoldinum grammar school and as a side church of the cathedral parish, and was formerly the church of the former Jesuit college in Passau. Therefore, it is often referred to as the study church or Jesuit church. After a severe city fire in 1662, St. Michael’s Church was built by master builder Pietro Francesco Carlone. The Xaveri Chapel on the west façade is also part of the church complex. The elaborate stucco work in the interior of the church is particularly impressive.