Not only Berlin has one, Potsdam also has a Brandenburg Gate. The former city gate at the end of Brandenburger Straße was built by order of Frederick II after the end of the Seven Years’ War from 1770 to 1771. After the so-called Silesian War between Prussia and Austria, Silesia was finally assigned to the Prussian Empire. The Brandenburg Gate, as a triumphal arch, was to be a symbol of this victory. Whoever passes through the gate discovers something curious. The representative exterior view towards Sanssouci Palace is completely different from the Roman-style interior view towards the city. The reason: two different architects were at work here.