The Potsdam Dragon House was built between 1770 and 1772 as quarters for the vintner of the vineyard on the edge of Park Sanssouci. The name of the house and also of the vineyard comes from the sixteen gilded dragons that can be seen on the edges of the roof. At the beginning of the 20th century, a coffee bar was first set up for visitors, and subsequently the building was expanded to include kitchen facilities. After the fall of the Berlin Wall until the end of 1996, a branch of the Potsdamer Caféhaus GmbH was housed here and since 2012 the “Restaurant & Café Drachenhaus”. In addition, the Drachenhaus is a regular venue for classical chamber concerts in conjunction with three-course menus.