It was considered a symbol of the unification of Warburg’s old and new towns: the Warburg town hall between the towns dating from 1568. Designed in the Weser Renaissance style, it served not only as an administrative seat and prison, but also as a venue for weddings or carnival celebrations. In the 19th century, the town hall between the cities was also used as a girls’ school and later as a boys’ school. The military was also housed here in 1863, as well as a military hospital during the war of 1870/71. After extensive restoration, the city administration moved into the venerable building in 1902. Today it houses the registry office and the adult education center.