As early as the 16th century, the main traffic axes in Eppingen’s old town were built, and they still exist today. The town’s market square is centrally located here, where, after the demolition of the former winery, the Eppingen town hall was built in the classicist style by Weinbrenner pupil Schwarz between 1823 and 1824. The structure of the building is particularly eye-catching, with a central risalit, a wide balcony and four striking pillars. In 1830, the town hall tower followed with the little bell cast in 1414 from the former St. Leonhard’s Chapel. Also on the market square is the “Alte Post” (old post office) with its characteristic double gable and other representative baroque half-timbered houses.