The Olympic ski jump in Garmisch-Partenkirchen got its name because of the ski jumping competitions held during the 1936 Winter Olympics. However, it was used even earlier, for example for the annual New Year’s jumps, which have been held here since 1922. Today, the Olympic ski jump is best known for the Four Hills Tournament. Every year, the second of four competitions of the renowned ski jumping tour takes place at the Gudiberg. Over the years, the Olympic ski jump in Garmisch has been rebuilt several times. In 1950, for example, the steel inrun tower was erected. In 1978, the ski jump table was moved back and the K-point was extended. Jumpers and journalists affectionately call the Olympic ski jump “the old lady”.