Near the Hessian town of Dreieich lies the ruins of Hayn Castle, the former seat of the imperial bailiffs of Hagen-Münzenberg. From 1255, ownership of the castle was divided between several lords: the von Falkenstein family and the von Hanau family. Subsequently, Hayn Castle was extended further and further. For example, a large gate tower was built, the round keep and the palace with the small chapel were enlarged, and smaller residential buildings were added. Subsequently, the castle was inherited until it was abandoned in the 16th century and used as a quarry in the 18th century. During this period, the demolition of the ruins was also prevented.