Due to its unusual exterior, the Leaning House in Idstein is a real visitor magnet on König Adolf Platz. For a half-timbered house built in 1727, it is not only unusually high with four full stories and two dwarf gables. Due to architectural and constructional errors, the listed building also got into its present crooked position. Initially, part of the building was used as a pharmacy from 1736 to 1745, and later as a residential and commercial building. From 1995 to 1997, the Idstein Leaning House was then extensively renovated and has since been part of the town hall. Curious: The Leaning House has two house numbers – number 1 and number 3.