In the heart of Idstein’s idyllic old town is King Adolf Square, affectionately known as Idstein’s “Gut Stubb” by the town’s residents. It was named in 1946 after the only German king from the House of Nassau, King Adolf, who was Roman-German king from 1292 to 1298. Assemblies have always been convened and court hearings held on this central market square. Today, especially the historic half-timbered houses around the square are popular photo motifs for tourists. Throughout the year, the King Adolf Square in Idstein is used for markets as well as for concerts, theater performances and other events.