Who does not know it? The Lindau harbor entrance with the new lighthouse and the imposing Bavarian lion. The six-meter-high statue, created in 1856, leans on its front paws and sits on a three-tiered pedestal overlooking the Swiss shore. Also located right on the harbor is the famous Mangturm, built in 1200 as part of the former city fortifications. In 1986, the former harbor pier was demolished because of the danger of collapse and completely rebuilt from sandstone. Many ships and ferries depart from Lindau harbor for trips on Lake Constance, such as the Lake Constance scheduled ships from Bregenz, Rorschach and Friedrichshafen.