In the northeast of Baden-Württemberg in the Heilbronn district lies the Franconian town of Gundelsheim with its numerous sights. Since the town belonged to the Teutonic Order for several centuries, it is also called Deutschordensstadt. The townscape is characterized by Horneck Castle, built by the Teutonic Order in 1533, which is located on the Castle Road. Other buildings worth seeing in Gundelsheim are the former hospital church of the Teutonic Order, the Catholic parish church of St. Nicholas. North of the church is the historic pharmacy, built around 1550 and originally intended as a hospital. A pharmacy has been in the building with the distinctive Renaissance oriel and Baroque statue since 1832.