As a hunting lodge for the Margraves of Brandenburg-Ansbach, Ratibor Castle in Roth in Central Franconia was built by George the Pious from 1535 to 1538. After the count’s death, the castle served as the seat of the margravial administrative officials, but was rarely used to accommodate princes passing through. After the Margraviate of Brandenburg-Ansbach passed to the Kingdom of Prussia in 1791, Ratibor Castle was sold to the Rother braid manufacturer Johann Philipp Stieber. The Stieber family used the castle partly as a residence and partly for their own manufactory. Today, Ratibor Castle is owned by the city of Roth and has been home to the city’s museum since 1985.