The town hall is located on the market square in the middle of Besigheim’s historic old town. Built in 1459, the building was initially used as a department store. On the ground floor was the market hall with many stalls and traders. The dance floor on the first floor served as a venue for celebrations and festivals, while the Besigheim court met on the second floor. As part of a comprehensive restoration of the Besigheim town hall in 1977, painted stone and wooden walls as well as stucco ceilings from the Baroque period were uncovered and restored. Especially due to its beautiful exterior façade, the historic town hall is one of the most popular photo motifs on Besigheim’s market square.