The Old Town Hall in Waiblingen was first mentioned in 1476. After its construction in 1597, the Renaissance building on the market square was supposed to be demolished around 1870 to make way for a new building. However, as this would have meant a major intervention in the image of the market square, which was characterised by half-timbered buildings, the Old Town Hall remained standing. From the end of the 19th century, various schools were housed here – the boys’ primary schools, the trade school and the adult education centre. In the meantime, the building also housed a restaurant. Around 1920, the Old Town Hall was the first building in Waiblingen to have its old half-timbering uncovered.